Monday, June 22, 2009

Premonition

Yesterday, at around 4PM, while I was having my regular quiet time at a Starbucks outlet by the bay, I had this strange feeling. That same ominous sensation you get when you know something peculiar is happening, a sense of impending doom. Palpitations, dry mouth, cold clammy skin - not caffeine-induced at all because you've been used to such high doses for your daily fix.

I feel something is going to change. Something drastic. Something I have to face boldly and without tears.

I remember feeling that way last November, when I learned of news that utterly left me dumbfounded. I was literally frozen that all I managed to do was allow my legs to buckle and seat myself on the floor I was standing on. No anger, no regret, no tears. Just nothing. And then the world stopped for a moment. And after a moment came a frenzy of colors, an exquisite mix of lights and sounds, and everything strange. And then the world moves again.

Something is happening that I do not know. A premonition that something huge and revolutionary is brewing out there. I'm waiting. Bring it on...

3 comments:

Reena said...

hmmm. interesting. i'm curious. does your premonition have anything to do with your lovelife? or with the current conass thngie? hahaha...galing ng comparison diba? :)

btw, was it you who left a comment sa blog abt the UP interns? it was written by a "guest" but i assumed it was you.

tc!

Walking on Water said...

yes reena. that was me. strange na yung comment part in your blog. can't figure it out.=)

large proportion kasi of malate regulars are the genetically XY with the XX phenotype.=)

Lalaloo said...

What's eating you Jean? :)