Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday, I'm In Love

Friday afternoon. After a busy morning, I found myself lounging around the section conference room, alone. Everyone else has gone home, excited to go somewhere. The first year fellows are still scurrying around the floors, anxious to get their tasks done before the clock strikes four. It will soon be 4PM, time to leave the hospital premises for another weekend of rest. In a short while, everyone will be off to their own homes, to malls for dinners or movies with friends, or into the arms of their spouses or their lovers. 4PM, 5PM, 6PM. It doesn't really matter. I will still be here in the conference room -the one place where I shouldn't be - on a lovely non-duty Friday afternoon, doing nothing, just staring into space, or doodling on scratch papers, waiting for calluses to grow on my emaciated buttocks.

It's Friday afternoon. I'm sitting on my throne in front of the computer of the Cardiovascular Section accomplishing absolutely nothing. I'm the Queen of Procrastination, the Master of Doing Nothing, the Empress of Self-Deprecation, the Grand Dame of Anhedonia.

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love

Dressed up to the eyes
It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise
Throwing out your frown
And just smiling at the sound
And as sleek as a sheik
Spinning round and round
Always take a big bite
It's such a gorgeous sight
To see you eat in the middle of the night
You can never get enough
Enough of this stuff
It's Friday, I'm in love

Oh Robert Smith, you have no idea. It's no big deal. Friday is really just another day you just have to learn to live through and get over with.

1 comment:

Oman said...

i love that song. :)