Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Talking about the weather


If there's one thing more unpredictable than my mind, it's the weather these days. I'd say it has a female temperament. It doesn't seem to know what it wants. One moment it's warm, the next it's stormy. One day it's humid, the next day it's rainy.

Today is hot as hell. It's sweltering summer heat right smack in the middle of August. It's a virtual oven in the hospital. The stench of disease becomes more pronounced, tempers
are flaring, minds become suddenly blank. Despite the heat, I'm getting brain freeze.

Suddenly I realized it's this time of the year when I'm supposed to be on vacation. Exactly two years ago, I was lost in the middle of the road to Mt. Apo, with very dear friends. Exactly one year ago, I was lost in a wilderness called Guiuan, Samar, on my first real solitary backpacking adventure. Now, I'm stuck in a frenzied, hellish hospital, with nothing in my head. I've lost the good friend I brought home to my folks exactly two years ago because I was stupid. When just a year ago, I was full of exciting adventures and the prospect of spending time with myself in a very strange place seemed rewarding, now I'm stuck in a corner immobile, complaining about the heat, with nothing better to write about than the weather.

Indeed, the only thing I can think of is this freakin' weather. Pathetic thoughts for such a pathetic state. I hope the state of my fate will change and get better like the weather too.

1 comment:

Reena said...

Naku, sinabi mo pa. Super init na nga ngayon. Kaya din siguro mainitin ang ulo ko lately. Hehe...

I hope you get a vacation. Where are you planning to go next? :)