Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Disclaimer: This is Not a Travel Blog.

This is not a travel blog. I’ve never been much of a writer, though I try to write good stories as much as possible. Travel blogging was never my forte, and I will never be good at it. I don’t want to.

But I will write about my travels. I owe this to the people who were so kind to me in as much as the destination is harsh and unforgiving in its beauty. However, if you expect an outline of the nice places to see, information like where-to-eat and where-to-stay, or the dos and don’ts of the place, you’ll be disappointed. Traveling is all about seeing what is there to see and being part of the place and the people you visit, at least for a while. It’s never about the scenery. It’s about your experience, how the place and its people changed you in a way that is impossible to express. I wouldn’t want to spoil you fun.

In the next few entries, I will be writing about my Batanes experience. Again, I invoke my storyteller’s license and insist that all this is fiction. This is my trip and my story.

May my story make you want to travel to Batanes and find the truth out for yourself. And then, you too will have your own Ivatan story to tell.

(If you're really interested in visiting Batanes and would like to ask a few questions, don't hesitate to ask me though. And I'll help as much as you can let me.)

No comments: